- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
The most prominent of those candidates until Durbin was California Democrat Dianne Feinstein, who has publicly condemned Israel’s settlement policy in the occupied West Bank and strongly supports negotiations that will result in Israel living side-by-side in peace with a Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
“Most smart Democratic politicians now realize that they need to raise money from the entire Jewish community, whether it’s from those who are members of J Street or those who are members of AIPAC,” Kalik said.
Bloomfield said there was little chance that Durbin’s acceptance of J Street’s endorsement would cost him AIPAC’s support. “He’s been too good, too close, for too long for them to try to find somebody to run against him,” he said. “He has a long history of support for Israel, so nobody can now call him a fair-weather friend.”