- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
BLAG, a group composed of the top three House GOP leaders and top two Democratic leaders, voted along party lines in March to defend DOMA in court. House Democrats quickly blasted Boehner for retaining former Solicitor General Paul Clement as the lead attorney to defend DOMA in pending court cases, charging he was not properly vetted and that the move was a waste of taxpayer dollars. Republicans, meanwhile, have maintained that Obama’s announcement instructing the Justice Department not to defend DOMA in court was a political stunt and a distraction from fiscal issues.