- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
BLAG, a group composed of the top three House GOP leaders and top two Democratic leaders, voted along party lines in March to defend DOMA in court. House Democrats quickly blasted Boehner for retaining former Solicitor General Paul Clement as the lead attorney to defend DOMA in pending court cases, charging he was not properly vetted and that the move was a waste of taxpayer dollars. Republicans, meanwhile, have maintained that Obama’s announcement instructing the Justice Department not to defend DOMA in court was a political stunt and a distraction from fiscal issues.