- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The theme of shared sacrifice is one that is repeated by Congress and the president when debating means to solve our deficit problems. There isn’t a physician out there who would disagree with that theme. Our only hope is that these policymakers keep in mind that the Medicare provider community will already be absorbing a $415 billion hit over the next decade. We have already made our shared sacrifice. Its time to move the target off the physician community’s back and allow us to treat our patients.
Alex Valadka is a neurosurgeon from Austin, Texas, and spokesman for the Alliance of Specialty Medicine.