- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
The theme of shared sacrifice is one that is repeated by Congress and the president when debating means to solve our deficit problems. There isnít a physician out there who would disagree with that theme. Our only hope is that these policymakers keep in mind that the Medicare provider community will already be absorbing a $415 billion hit over the next decade. We have already made our shared sacrifice. Its time to move the target off the physician communityís back and allow us to treat our patients.
Alex Valadka is a neurosurgeon from Austin, Texas, and spokesman for the Alliance of Specialty Medicine.