- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
Early training programs work. Friday’s Running Start Path to Politics panel of female experts — reporters, public affairs professionals and strategists — is one example of giving women a leg up. With the right tools, and with the right team, women can fill the floor of Congress. First we must get women to help fill the pipeline.
Adrienne Kimmell is executive director of the Barbara Lee Foundation. Jessica N. Grounds executive director of Running Start.