- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
Richard Carmona’s (D-Ariz.) Senate campaign announced an endorsement today from the previous Democrat to hold that office in the state, former Sen. Dennis DeConcini.
DeConcini praised Carmona’s “independent judgment and strength to do the right thing, even when it’s not popular.”
The race is for DeConcini’s old seat. The former Senator served three terms and left office in 1995.
Carmona will face former Arizona Democratic Party Chairman Don Bivens in the Democratic primary. On the Republican side, the two most notable candidates are Rep. Jeff Flake and business investor Wil Cardon.
Roll Call rates this race as Likely Republican.