- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
The report highlights votes to rein in regulations under the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act and other environmental laws.
Although Republicans have targeted the Environmental Protection Agency and voted numerous times to loosen environmental regulations, most of those bills have died in the Senate, which Democrats control.
Most GOP attempts to include environmental policy “riders” on appropriations and other “must-pass” bills have also been derailed.
Markey addressed this in his remarks to reporters, saying the GOP energy proposals would quickly be signed into law if former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney were elected president.