- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
But the Finance Committee chairman will turn 73 a month after the 2014 elections, and Baucus said in a statement that he’s looking forward to spending time with his wife and son once his term his up.
“It’s a surprise because Max was doing everything right — money, votes, getting back to Montana. All that stuff,” one Democratic operative familiar with Baucus said. “In that sense it’s surprising, but on the other hand it makes a total sense.”