- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced on a conference call with Members today that Democratic leadership elections will take place Nov. 29.
The date, one week after Thanksgiving, is earlier than her initial proposal to hold the elections the first week of December.
But the date is two weeks after Republicans will hold their elections and about one week further from Election Day than Democrats held their elections in 2010.
Pelosi’s movement of the date has set off rampant speculation among Democrats — including within Minority Whip Steny Hoyer’s office — about whether Pelosi is stepping down or attempting to allow more time for another Democrat to make a bid for Hoyer’s spot in leadership.