- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The most current RealClearPolitics.com average of all polls released July 17 through Sunday gauging national support for the GOP presidential candidates showed Romney in the lead with 19.7 percent, followed by Texas Gov. Rick Perry with 15.4 percent. (Perry is expected to announce his candidacy next week.) Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) has 11.6 percent, 2008 vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin has 11 percent, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani has 10.5 percent, Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) has 8.7 percent and wealthy businessman Herman Cain, of Georgia, has 5.9 percent support.