- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
“I just guess it caught a lot of people unaware,” she said Monday. “I think this is the reason. They’re not knowledgeable and really didn’t realize that this was happening.”
Norton said that if the provision isn’t included in the final bill this time, lawmakers will have to answer.
“They all know it now,” she said of conferees. “They knew it the time they took [the provision] out and there will be no excuse for taking it out again. And if they do, I think they’re going to have to step forward and say why.”