- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Twenty years after the FMLA became law, itís time to help realize the vision of a family-friendly America by addressing those gaps. That means expanding the FMLA to let more workers take leave for more reasons, and it means adopting a paid-leave insurance program.
One of us fought in Congress for many years to pass the FMLA. The other is still in Congress now, fighting to expand it. We are from two different states, two different political parties. But we both know that the FMLA has been a huge success ó the first step on the road to a family-friendly nation. And we are both convinced that itís time to take the next step. The country deserves nothing less.
Rep. Rosa DeLauro, a Democrat, has represented Connecticutís 3rd District since 1991. Former Rep. Constance A. Morella, a Republican, represented Marylandís 8th District for 16 years.