- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
House Democrats bought air time today in the special election for Oregon’s 1st district.
The buy is an indication that the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee could be anxious about holding on to the Democratic district.
“In this environment, we’re not taking anything for granted, especially when the Republican is an untrustworthy self-funder who is trying to hide his extreme tea party positions,” a DCCC spokeswoman told Roll Call.
State Sen. Suzanne Bonamici (D) and professional sports franchise consultant Rob Cornilles (R) are running in the Jan. 31 special election to succeed former Rep. David Wu (D), who resigned earlier this year. Wu stepped down amid allegations that he made unwanted advances toward a woman.
Bonamici is heavily favored to keep the seat, and President Barack Obama won the 1st district with 61 percent in 2008.
But the DCCC’s ad buy indicates the party could be concerned.
Hotline On Call first reported the ad buy.