- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
- Ad Man Scott Howell Back At It After Cardiac Arrest
Tampa Republican Mark Sharpe announced Monday he is running against Rep. Kathy Castor (D). The Hillsborough County commissioner said he will file his paperwork to run in Florida’s 11th district, according to Saint Petersblog.
Sharpe told Roll Call last month that he was weighing how a run would affect his family, among other factors, while pondering a House bid.
Florida’s Congressional redistricting process will likely dramatically reshape the political landscape of the Sunshine State and is not expected to be completed until summer 2012. Under the current lines, the 11th district voted 66 percent for Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election.