- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
Elected to Congress, Not Parliament: Members of Congress vote with their political party 80 percent of the time. Members of Parliament vote with their party 95-plus percent of the time. During the past decade or two, more and more members have been voting the party line too much. When you do that, you donít need a brain; you need a leash.
The final days of the 112th Congress must deal with the economic emergency that we face. A balanced, bipartisan, 10-year deficit reduction plan must pass Congress, not just the House or Senate, very soon in order to save America.
If not now, when? If not us, who?
Rep. Jim Cooper, D-Tenn., is a member of the Armed Services and Oversight and Government Reform committees.