- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
“As the Speaker said at the GOP conference meeting this morning, the highway piece will likely not be completed before the Presidents Day district work period,” a spokesman for Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said.
The transportation bill was also delayed because House leaders want to clear a tentative deal to extend the payroll tax cut this week. The Speaker also wants to hold an open amendment process, which will also need a larger time commitment. There have been roughly 300 amendments that Members want to add to the measure.
House Republican leaders also postponed a Rules Committee meeting in which the transportation measure was to be considered.