- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
The men buried in the American cemeteries in Normandy and around the world have earned their country’s enduring affection and honor. But the paradox remains, while we honor the dead, the living struggle to receive the medical care that is their due. America’s living veterans have earned quality and timely medical care. We owe them at least that much — and the right commission could provide the key.
Dr. Joseph J. Fins is the E. William Davis Jr. M.D. Professor of Medical Ethics at Weill Cornell Medical College and the author of the forthcoming book, “Rights Come to Mind: Brain Injury, Ethics and the Struggle for Consciousness.”