- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
High effective tax rates — among the highest in the world — are hindering the growth of our nation’s most prominent industries, depriving Americans of hundreds of thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in savings and increased salaries.
More than 1 million large and small businesses across the country have banded together in the Coalition for Fair Effective Tax Rates to fight the disparities in effective tax rates and the inherent unfairness of the tax code.
The reason: Drastic differences in effective tax rates need to be erased. The American people, Congress’ top tax-writers and the business community understand this. Now it’s time for Congress as a whole to listen as well.
Dan Danner, president of the National Federation of Independent Business, and Bill Hughes, senior vice president at the Retail Industry Leaders Association, co-chair the Coalition for Fair Effective Tax Rates.