- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
While the House and Senate are left to hash out line items for shared expenses on Capitol Hill, each chamber defers to the other on its own budget for Members’ allowances and personnel salaries.
This was the case for this bill, too. The House designated $1.2 billion for its own expenses, and the Senate allocated $863 million. Those allotments are unchanged in the fiscal 2012 omnibus.
Correction: 12/15 12:08 p.m.
An earlier version of this story was corrected to reflect the Senate's original allocation for the GPO.