- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
“It’s sort of up to them. ... The easiest place to start, the thing we all agree on, is making sure middle-class families don’t face a tax increase next year,” the official said. “This stuff happens, but at the end of the day, working across the aisle to do important things is good for the country. It’s what the American people are looking for, it’s what the American people want and it’s what the president wants.”
Similarly, Nabors emerged from his meeting with McConnell saying, “Things are going fine.”
Alan K. Ota and Steven T. Dennis contributed to this report.