- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
“It’s sort of up to them. ... The easiest place to start, the thing we all agree on, is making sure middle-class families don’t face a tax increase next year,” the official said. “This stuff happens, but at the end of the day, working across the aisle to do important things is good for the country. It’s what the American people are looking for, it’s what the American people want and it’s what the president wants.”
Similarly, Nabors emerged from his meeting with McConnell saying, “Things are going fine.”
Alan K. Ota and Steven T. Dennis contributed to this report.