- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
Reid posed for a photo with a pistol at his home after the interview. He explained that he used to be a hunter and still has a “room full of guns” in his house. On the topic of gun violence, he expressed support for mental health care and said, “I think there can be general agreement that we can do a much more thorough and better job” of figuring out the backgrounds of would-be gun buyers.
The Nevada Democrat also reiterated his position, reported early this week, that he would not support moving a radical change in filibuster rules on a simple majority vote. He did not rule out using a simple-majority vote to make the changes to the rules that he does envision, however, the Sun reported.