- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
Sen. Bob Casey (D-Pa.) raised just over $1.1 million in the first three months of the year and will report having $2.1 million in the bank as of March 30, according to a Democratic source in Pennsylvania.
Casey, a first-term Democrat, was expected to have a tough fight for a second term. After all, Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) squeaked out a win just last cycle. But so far, Republicans have failed to find a good candidate to get into the race.
Two Republicans have announced bids, but neither is considered a top-flight challenger: Marc Scaringi, a former aide to Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.), and Laureen Cummings, the leader of the Scranton Tea Party.
Other Republicans say they are still looking at the race, including Edward Stack, the longtime Dick’s Sporting Goods CEO, as well as state Sens. Kim Ward and Jake Corman.