- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
The 6-acre Capitol Reflecting Pool will soon be a sea of concrete.
A crew from the Capitol Grounds division of the Office of the Architect of the Capitol has begun draining the pool in order to complete its semi-annual cleaning and inspection, according to the agency.
“Once it is drained, the Grounds crew will clean and make repairs to the pool’s walls and bottom surface,” Eva Malecki, an AOC spokeswoman, said in a statement Tuesday. “The work will take approximately two weeks and will occur during the early morning hours.”
The pool was last given a scrub in March 2013, during a weeklong spring cleaning.