- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
The 6-acre Capitol Reflecting Pool will soon be a sea of concrete.
A crew from the Capitol Grounds division of the Office of the Architect of the Capitol has begun draining the pool in order to complete its semi-annual cleaning and inspection, according to the agency.
“Once it is drained, the Grounds crew will clean and make repairs to the pool’s walls and bottom surface,” Eva Malecki, an AOC spokeswoman, said in a statement Tuesday. “The work will take approximately two weeks and will occur during the early morning hours.”
The pool was last given a scrub in March 2013, during a weeklong spring cleaning.