- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Capitol Police continue to investigate an attack on Rep. Grace Meng, D-N.Y., that occurred Tuesday night.
No arrests have been made, according to department spokesman Shennell Antrobus.
The freshman congresswoman was hit over the head and robbed in the Eastern Market neighborhood around 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, ABC-7’s Jennifer Donelan reported Wednesday.
Meng sustained injuries to her knee, hand and face, and she was taken to George Washington University Hospital.
“While this was a frightening ordeal, I fortunately was not seriously injured,” Meng said in the statement. “Obviously, things could have been much worse. I thank the U.S. Capitol Police and the District of Columbia Police for responding quickly and professionally.”