- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The Capitol Police on Saturday evening arrested two males in the 200 block of H Street Northwest, after spotting the pair traveling on a scooter that had been reported carjacked at gunpoint on Friday.
Patrolling officers noticed the scooter traveling on H Street Northwest with no tags. A check of the vehicle’s identification number revealed that the scooter’s owner had reported that he was carjacked at gunpoint on Friday. At approximately 7:14 p.m., both males were apprehended and charged with carjacking.
Officers found a .22 caliber handgun in the pants pocket of one of the males that appeared ready to fire. The defendant, a juvenile, was charged with carrying a pistol without a license.