- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
Recent events have shown us that it is indeed possible for Congress to work together when the inconvenience of budget cuts hits too close to home. Considering that 1 in 3 Americans will be affected by cancer at some point in their lifetimes, I hope Congress will give the same consideration and decisive action to cancer care. It could soon be themselves, their friends or their loved ones who are turned away by doctors amid a deadly disease.
Nancy Davenport-Ennis is the CEO of National Patient Advocate Foundation, a national nonprofit organization providing the patient voice in improving access to, and reimbursement for, high-quality health care through regulatory and legislative reform at the state and federal levels.