- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
Brendan Gill will be Booker’s senior political adviser, one of his campaign’s most noteworthy additions to date. That’s because relations between Booker’s and Lautenberg’s camps remain frosty, stemming from when Booker started his Senate campaign exploratory committee before Lautenberg announced his retirement. The Democratic senator died in May and, earlier this month, his family endorsed Rep. Frank Pallone Jr. to serve out Lautenberg’s term. The family also not-so-subtly knocked Booker in its statement.
Booker’s other new hires include:
• Deputy Communications Director Silvia Alvarez
• Field Director Anne Batchelder
• Digital Director Sam Drzymala
• Deputy Field Director Meaghan Hardy
• Policy Director Matt Klapper
• Director of Scheduling, Advance and Operations Unjin Lee
• Traveling Press Secretary Ajashu Thomas
• Deputy Field Director DeJuana Thompson
The Democratic primary for the special election is August 13.Massachusetts Democratic Chairman to Step Down
Massachusetts Democratic Party Chairman John Walsh will step down this fall, per a news release. Walsh will become executive director of Democratic Gov. Deval Patrick’s political organization “Together PAC” in September.
Previously, Walsh served as Patrick’s campaign manager for his 2006 gubernatorial bid.Rocky Mountain Hired
Sen. Mark Udall, D-Colo., hired Adam Dunstone as his re-election campaign manager.
Currently a senior associate at RBI Strategies and Research, Dunstone served as campaign coordinator for Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet’s 2010 campaign.DFA’s True Believer
Democracy for America recently hired Andy Kelly as its new online programs deputy. Kelly will work with “DFA’s political and finance teams on the full-range of the organization’s online actions and fundraising efforts,” according to a news release.
Kelly spent the 2012 cycle as the national new media director for CREDO SuperPAC. Kelly will continue to be based in Berkeley, Calif.
Please send news of developments in the political industry to email@example.com and follow us on Twitter @RCShopTalk.