- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“What am I getting out of this? I’m getting more deficit reduction ... there are no tax increases here. ... We’re finally starting to deal with autopilot spending.”
Noting the lack of tax increases, he said, “No one had to sacrifice their core principles.”
Murray expressed disappointment that “we weren’t able to close a single corporate tax loophole.” She also acknowledges that Republicans were hoping to use the budget deal to make changes to Medicare and Social Security. But she emphasized that this is an important next step.
“We need to acknowledge that our nation has serious long-term fiscal and economic challenges this bill doesn’t address and our process has been broken.”
This process “restores some trust,” she said.