- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
The announcement, made in a closed-door GOP Conference meeting during which members selected leadership, solidifies the Texan’s future, which has been up in the air.
Sessions has been chairman of the National Republican Campaign Committee for the past two cycles, during which Republicans gained the majority.
After it was announced that Rep. Greg Walden of Oregon would become the next NRCC chairman, there was pressure on leadership to install Sessions in a plum leadership role, but Natural Resources Chairman Doc Hastings, R-Wash., also was in the hunt for the Rules Committee gavel.