- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
Boehner withstood several defections to secure re-election.
Among the Republican defectors were members who were dumped from plum committee assignments: Reps. Tim Huelskamp of Kansas, Justin Amash of Michigan and Walter B. Jones of North Carolina. However, Rep. David Schweikert of Arizona, another member purged of his seat on the Financial Services Committee, voted for Boehner.
Huelskamp voted for Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, the former chairman of the Republican Study Committee. Jones voted for David Walker, the former comptroller general of the United States. Amash voted for Rep. Raúl R. Labrador of Idaho.