- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
Boehner withstood several defections to secure re-election.
Among the Republican defectors were members who were dumped from plum committee assignments: Reps. Tim Huelskamp of Kansas, Justin Amash of Michigan and Walter B. Jones of North Carolina. However, Rep. David Schweikert of Arizona, another member purged of his seat on the Financial Services Committee, voted for Boehner.
Huelskamp voted for Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, the former chairman of the Republican Study Committee. Jones voted for David Walker, the former comptroller general of the United States. Amash voted for Rep. Raúl R. Labrador of Idaho.