- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Boehner’s language in speaking about a deal — or lack thereof — is reminiscent of his statements during the waning days of the CR talks. Even as he was hammering out a deal in private with Obama, Boehner would repeatedly deny a deal existed, in public or private.
He also remained fully supportive of a House-passed measure that, like Cut, Cap and Balance, never had any realistic chance of being signed by Obama.
Steven T. Dennis and Christina Bellantoni contributed to this report.