- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Boehner’s language in speaking about a deal — or lack thereof — is reminiscent of his statements during the waning days of the CR talks. Even as he was hammering out a deal in private with Obama, Boehner would repeatedly deny a deal existed, in public or private.
He also remained fully supportive of a House-passed measure that, like Cut, Cap and Balance, never had any realistic chance of being signed by Obama.
Steven T. Dennis and Christina Bellantoni contributed to this report.