- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
Boehner, however, skirted questions about how he will proceed in light of Thursday night’s events. He ducked questions on whether he would allow a House vote on Obama’s plan to deal with the fiscal cliff but instead called on the Senate and the president to act.
So while the road forward remains unclear and the prospect of going over the fiscal cliff very real, it remains doubtful Boehner is willing to change his legislative tactics.
Boehner and Cantor sent the House home Thursday night for the holidays, and the two did not address definitively when the chamber would reassemble in the coming days to continue addressing the fiscal cliff.