- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“I’ve got to tell you, I’m disappointed in where we are and disappointed in what’s happened over the last several weeks,” he said. “But going over the fiscal cliff is serious business and I’m here seriously trying to resolve this and I hope the White House will get serious as well.”
Minutes after Boehner began his remarks, the Dow Jones industrial average fell 49 points, presumably because of the news that the talks have not made any progress.
Carney disputed the notion that progress has not been made, but said GOP leaders must agree to raise tax rates on wealthy, not just other revenues.
Steven T. Dennis contributed to this report.