- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
“I’ve got to tell you, I’m disappointed in where we are and disappointed in what’s happened over the last several weeks,” he said. “But going over the fiscal cliff is serious business and I’m here seriously trying to resolve this and I hope the White House will get serious as well.”
Minutes after Boehner began his remarks, the Dow Jones industrial average fell 49 points, presumably because of the news that the talks have not made any progress.
Carney disputed the notion that progress has not been made, but said GOP leaders must agree to raise tax rates on wealthy, not just other revenues.
Steven T. Dennis contributed to this report.