- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Speaker John Boehner met with Afghan President Hamid Karzai in Kabul on Tuesday as part of his overseas tour with a Congressional delegation during recess.
The Ohio Republican and the five other House Members met with Karzai, the U.S. Embassy in Kabul posted on its Twitter account, Politico reported.
Boehner also attended a memorial ceremony with Gen. David Petraeus and U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan Karl Eikenberry at Bagram Airfield and dined with soldiers, according to the embassy, which also posted photos to its Flickr page.
House Intelligence members Mac Thornberry (R-Texas), Mike Conaway (R-Texas), Tom Rooney (R-Fla.), freshman Joe Heck (R-Nev.) and Dan Boren (D-Okla.) are accompanying Boehner. The delegation was in Pakistan on Monday and Iraq over the weekend.
Thornberry, Conaway, Rooney and Heck are also members of the House Armed Services Committee.