- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Speaker John Boehner met with Afghan President Hamid Karzai in Kabul on Tuesday as part of his overseas tour with a Congressional delegation during recess.
The Ohio Republican and the five other House Members met with Karzai, the U.S. Embassy in Kabul posted on its Twitter account, Politico reported.
Boehner also attended a memorial ceremony with Gen. David Petraeus and U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan Karl Eikenberry at Bagram Airfield and dined with soldiers, according to the embassy, which also posted photos to its Flickr page.
House Intelligence members Mac Thornberry (R-Texas), Mike Conaway (R-Texas), Tom Rooney (R-Fla.), freshman Joe Heck (R-Nev.) and Dan Boren (D-Okla.) are accompanying Boehner. The delegation was in Pakistan on Monday and Iraq over the weekend.
Thornberry, Conaway, Rooney and Heck are also members of the House Armed Services Committee.