- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
“At this point, ‘flexibility’, and I put that in quotes, really isn’t flexible,” Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told Senate appropriators last week. “There are only so many places we can get that kind of money. So like my colleagues, it’s a Hobson’s choice. But there’s no way we would get through sequestration even with just a top-line number without serious cuts at airports, seaports, land ports and all of the consequences that occur from that.”
Paul M. Krawzak and Alan K. Ota contributed to this report.