- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“At this point, ‘flexibility’, and I put that in quotes, really isn’t flexible,” Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told Senate appropriators last week. “There are only so many places we can get that kind of money. So like my colleagues, it’s a Hobson’s choice. But there’s no way we would get through sequestration even with just a top-line number without serious cuts at airports, seaports, land ports and all of the consequences that occur from that.”
Paul M. Krawzak and Alan K. Ota contributed to this report.