- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The government’s prosecution of Blagojevich is part of a larger public corruption probe known as Operation Board Games, which has investigated pay-to-play schemes since 2003 and has led to 15 convictions, according to the Department of Justice.
Blagojevich is the second consecutive Illinois governor that will spend time in prison for his role in a corruption scheme. Former Illinois Gov. George Ryan (R) is currently serving 6 and a half years at a federal prison in Indiana.