- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Chances are that each and every one of us knows someone who either suffers from kidney disease or who one day will. It can be a life-altering illness but we can take steps to manage it appropriately and provide the best possible care to every patient
Our organizations represent the more than 26 million Americans who are living with this disease, and we hope members of Congress will pass legislation that can improve patients’ lives. The Chronic Kidney Disease Improvement in Research and Treatment Act of 2014 is an important next step in the battle against this growing health concern in our nation.
LaVarne Burton is the president & CEO of the American Kidney Fund. Lori Hartwell is the CEO of the Renal Support Network. Hrant Jamgochian is the executive director for Dialysis Patient Citizens and Bruce Skyer is the CEO of National Kidney Foundation.