- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Hasner has taken a hawkish line on foreign policy since he announced his campaign on a conservative talk radio program last week. In a Facebook note Hasner posted Thursday about Hamas, he wrote, “President Barack Obama has been more hostile to Israel than any President in living memory.”
LeMieux, who was appointed to the Senate in 2009 by then-Gov. Charlie Crist, has struggled to distance himself from the former governor. Crist left the Republican Party to run for the Senate as an independent in 2010, but he lost to GOP candidate Marco Rubio, a former state Speaker.
“While this war is not over, today a chapter closes,” LeMieux said in a statement, which did not mention the president.