- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
The good news is that many companies are already firmly committed to their American operations. Volkswagen, for example, has invested $4 billion in the United States. The company recently launched a new $1 billion assembly plant in Chattanooga, Tenn. This investment created more than 12,000 new jobs in the area and is expected to generate $12 billion in local income growth.
Michelin is also expanding its American workforce with a new $750 million tire-manufacturing facility in Anderson County, S.C. This is the firmís ninth facility in the state and 19th in North America. Itís expected to create 500 new jobs.
Our lawmakers have a golden opportunity to strengthen the national business climate and recruit more global investment. They shouldnít waste it.
Nancy McLernon is president and CEO of the Organization for International Investment.