- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Action on a reauthorization of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and the annual intelligence authorization also remains possible. However, Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., has held up both measures (S 3454, S 3276) on civil liberties grounds. There are also unfinished House-Senate agreements on matters ranging from farm policy to a reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act that could take several days of floor time each in the event deals are reached.
Benton Ives contributed to this report.