- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“You don’t bring the worst part of the job in the gym . . . at all,” Durbin said. “It’s more the personal and the family side of it; it kind of carries you through. You know a little bit more about some of the family challenges each of us faces. It’s a much friendlier and forgiving atmosphere than the rough-and-tumble political scene.”
Although for other members, it’s really just all about the stationary bikes and the weights.
“I worked out hard!” Flake, clad in an ESPN T-shirt, yells as he rounds the corner on the way to his office just after 8 a.m.