- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The real losers in this debate will unfortunately be those immigrants who have come here legally — new Americans — who have chosen our country to improve their own lives and those of their families. They have obeyed our laws and will see untold millions of illegal aliens emerge and compete for jobs, opportunities and resources that are already scarce. The message we will be sending to them is that their hard work and perseverance were pointless, because we will reward lawbreakers with the chance to take jobs at lower wages and cut in line in front of them.
On the serious question of illegal immigration, America can do better. I will oppose both of these plans until we get serious about border security.
Rep. Lou Barletta, R-Pa., represents the state’s 11th District.