- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“There’s no reason folks should suffer even more than they already are from the president’s failure to turn this jobs crisis around,” Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said on the Senate floor today. “But there’s also no reason we should pay for that relief by raising taxes on the very employers we’re counting on to help jolt this economy back to life.
“We wouldn’t be helping anybody by making it less likely that small businesses actually start hiring people again,” the Kentucky Republican added.