- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
“CRS’ mission is to ensure Congress has available the best possible research and analysis on which to base its decisions and that it is aware of the options and consequences that may surround a particular issue,” she said. “Our action in temporarily withdrawing the report was motivated by this and not the result of political pressure.”
An earlier version of this article incorrectly characterized former CRS analyst Louis Fisher's position on the Iraq War as partisan. He did not side with Democrats or Republicans.