- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
Colorful former Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) announced Tuesday he had helped raise more than $50,000 for Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio), who faces a primary battle against fellow Buckeye State Rep. Marcy Kaptur.
A Republican-led redistricting effort produced a map that placed Kucinich and Kaptur in the same district.
“Congress is full of replaceable parts. But Dennis Kucinich is not one of them. Dennis is unique,” Grayson said in a statement. A news release said Grayson supporters had donated more than $50,000 to Kucinich at the former Member’s request.
Both Grayson and Kucinich are outspoken liberals. Grayson, in particular, has used his hyperbolic style to raise funds from the Democratic base with success. Although he lost his re-election bid in 2010 by an embarrassing 18 points, Grayson has announced he will run for Congress in 2012 in a to-be-determined district. The Sunshine State has yet to complete redistricting.